Things to do and see
- Dinefwr Park and Castle, a centre of influence in Carmarthenshire for thousands of years and renowned for its house, deer park and ancient castle overlooking the river Twyi.
- Aberglasney Garden, a restored Jacobian gardens and mansion house featured in the BBC series "A Garden Lost In Time"
- National Botanic Garden of Wales, featuring the largest single span greenhouse in the world this is Wales premier horticultural treasure set in 500 arcres of parkland.
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines, unique gold mines worked by the Romans over 2,000 years ago.
- Carreg Cennen Castle, one of the finest castles in Wales in a dramatic location.
- Brecon Beacons National Park, a wealth of attactions, sights and activities for all interests and ages.
- Cambrian Mountain Society
Eating & Drinking
The Cawdor Hotel
The Cawdor is a small hotel in Llandeilo. They serve lunch and dinner (12:00-2:00, 6:00-9:00), brunch in the mornings and bar food throughout the day. Good food.
The Plough, Rhosmaen
The Plough is a hotel a mile from Llandeilo. Lovely grounds, a warm welcome with good food and service.
Y Hen Vic
Mainly home-cooked pub food at very reasonable prices.
The White Horse
Grade II-listed 16th century coaching inn. Good selection of locally brewed beers. No jukebox or fruit machines! Currently no food.
The Salutation Inn
For those who like a bit more noise! This is a lively local pub with frequent bands and other events. Free jukebox, pool table. No food.